|L to R: Cherry Tart, Red Velvet, Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle, Peach Parfait, Creme Brulee and Brown Sugar|
I have been living under a rock and recently discovered the Revlon Lip Butters. Lucky for me, they are pretty much available everywhere now and I was able to purchase them at CVS during their "buy one get one 50% off" deal (they are usually $7.99 USD).
Like many people have noted, they have a nice soft texture similar to a lip balm but more pigmented. I do have to reapply often because it does not wear as long as a lipstick. I thought they would be a little more moisturizing but they still feel comfortable on my lips. I generally prefer a brownish pink nude lip so this review will be written from that perspective. I didn't buy most of the pink/mauve Lip Butter tones.
The swatches below are in the same order as the Lip Butters pictured above. More info below photo.
|Lip Butter swatches in indoor light with no flash|
- Cherry Tart (cool sheer red with shimmer) - I love this color. It is a bluish red with a subtle shimmer. The color is sheer yet vibrant. I don't normally wear red but I think this looks flattering on my skin tone. I couldn't decide between this color and Candy Apple. I didn't go with Candy Apple because it has more orange in it. Some might prefer that though.
- Red Velvet (deep sheer brownish red, no shimmer) - A very dramatic color. Sheer but more pigmented than the others. I can see wearing this in the fall and winter seasons.
- Berry Smoothie (sheer berry pink with subtle shimmer) - My favorite color. A lovely berry pink with a nice gloss. More color than I usually wear but I like the change.
- Pink Truffle (a nude pinky brown, no shimmer) - I like this color but it is darker than I thought it would be. A classic color that I would wear to work (I work in a conservative environment).
- Peach Parfait (peachy-pink with shimmer) - Some say the name of this color is misleading as some see a lot more pink than peach. On me, it doesn't look like a true pink so I do see the peach. This is my second favorite color.
- Creme Brulee (nude medium beige with shimmer) - This is good for a nude lip for those with medium to fair complexions. On me, it kind of blends in with my skin but looks very shimmery. I can see wearing this with a dramatic eye.
- Brown Sugar (caramel brown with shimmer) - This was the first color I purchased. Again, I am drawn to nude pinky browns so I thought this would be great! I found it a little too dark for my liking. Someone described it as a caramel color and I think that is accurate. It is still wearable though. I lighten it up by lining my lips with MAC's lip pencil in Subculture first.