Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Review: NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Smoky Look and Pink Rose

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Pink Rose (top) and Smoky Look
A lot of the YouTube beauty gurus mention NYX Cosmetics and I believe it's supposed to be a drugstore brand.  However, I've never found it at any of the drugstores in my area (San Fernando Valley, CA).  I purchased these two Mega Shine Lip glosses on-line at Amazon.com for $5.50 each.  Ulta carries NYX too.

There's a wide variety of colors to choose from and I picked two:  Smoky Look and Pink Rose.  Smoky Look is a nude pinky-beige with subtle shimmer and Pink Rose is a vivid pink with a lot of shimmer.  While these glosses are not opaque, they give my lips a nice wash of color.  I was impressed by the quality. They are not sticky or tacky but they do provide a high shine.  This is in contrast to my Guerlain Kiss Kiss gloss which is also shiny but much more sticky.  The NYX gloss is not a long wearing formula so like many lip glosses, I have to reapply often if I want to have color on my lips all day.

L to R:  Pink Rose and Smokey Look

The cap of the lip gloss wand has cute little bows!
The one thing that I am not too sure about is the flavor.  The glosses have a strong fake cherry flavor that is very artificial.  On the one hand, I'd rather have a lip gloss taste like fake fruits instead of chemicals.  But on the other hand, the flavor reminds me of cherry flavored Nyquil.  Overall all though, I would repurchase this lip gloss and I want to try other colors.  I definitely think they are worth $5.50.

Disclaimer:  I'm not affiliated with any of these companies.

2 comments:

  1. I have really been wanting to try out these lip glosses :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Let me know what you think if you try them. I just bought another one in Natural which is a pinky brown nude with no shimmer.

      Delete