Friday, August 3, 2012

Review: Skin79 Dear Rose BB Cream on NC30

Full-size Skin79 Dear Rose BB Cream
I purchased a small sample of this BB cream at a local Asian beauty supply store.  I wanted to try something new and the saleslady suggested the Skin79 Dear Rose BB Cream (first she suggested the Skin79 Hot Pink Super Plus but I already have that).  I am on a BB cream kick so I said, why not? 

For reference, I'm usually an NC25 or NC30, although I have been in the sun a lot this summer so I am probably more like an NC35.  When I tested the product on my hand it was alarmingly light, a greyish very light beige.  I tried it on my face and I was right - not my color.  I thought that maybe the color would oxidize and while it didn't look as grey on my face, it was still very fair. Nevertheless, I wore it to work for the next two days.  I think I probably looked a little ill but whatever.  I did like the coverage (medium) and high 42 SPF.  It does have a strong rose scent which I wasn't into.  I usually wear Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer in Sand and it doesn't seem to have any fragrance (or at least not a strong fragrance).  I was afraid this scented BB cream would make my face breakout but it didn't.

I have normal/combination skin with occasional mild acne.  By the middle of the day, I had to blot because my forehead was shiny.  This BB cream formula is actually targeted towards dry or mature skin.  While I don't consider myself to have mature skin quite yet, I do love anti-wrinkle products and the package for this said "wrinkle improvement."

Skin79 Dear Rose BB Cream Swatch

Above is a picture of my arm with the BB cream.  To the left of the blob of cream, I tried to blend some into my arm.  I hope you can see the faint line where the BB cream ends and my bare skin begins.  I really tried to blend it in but this is as good as it gets for my skin tone.

I do think this is a good BB cream for any fair skinned ladies out there.  You can buy it here:  http://www.imomoko.com/product_detail.php?ID=2933

No comments:

Post a Comment