Monday, August 6, 2012

Review: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touche on NC30 in Radiant and Nude

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touche in Radiant (top) and Nude (bottom)

In my mid 20s, I bought the YSL Touche Eclat (which now comes in a much wider range of colors) and never really used it because I didn't know what to do with it.  I even bought the Dior highlighting pen and again, it sat in my makeup bin until I threw it away.

Now that I'm in my 30s, I thought I'd give these Maybelline highlighters a try.  Thanks to some youtube videos, I finally figured out how to use highlighter pens!  I really like these Maybelline ones.  They are affordable and a great alternative to the more expensive brands.  I've read that some other beauty bloggers even prefer them over YSL.  Here are some swatches:

L to R:  Radiant and Nude on NC30


As you can see, the Radiant looks peachy pink although it does blend well into the skin and gives the underneath of my eyes a bright glow.  The Nude is yellow toned and more natural looking on my NC30 complexion.  It does brighten the eyes but in a more subtle way.  I like them both.  I was debating between the Nude and the Buff (buff being darker) but decided to go with nude for a highlighting effect.  The Radiant is supposed to be a universal shade in case you aren't sure what color to purchase.  I don't know if these concealers would cover dark circles as they are not especially thick or heavy duty.  They might camouflage minor dark circles.  These also had decent staying power on my normal/combination skin.

I bought my highlighting pens at Target for $6.44 USD but you can also buy them here:

Drugstore.com

Ulta.com

No comments:

Post a Comment