Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lush Mini-Haul: Smitten, Gumback Express and The Strokes

Retro Lush!  Please excuse the messy lids.  Looks like some of the products leaked during shipment.
I recently placed an on-line order for three Retro Lush items: 
  1. Smitten - a handcream scented like their famous Snowcake soap.  The handcream itself is great - rich and moisturizing.  But the scent was not what I expected.  I don't know what Snowcake smells like so I had to go based on the description on the website (almond icing).  I was expecting something rich and decadent, sort of like Laura Mercier's Almond Coconut.  This scent is very light and almost artifical smelling.  It smells nice enough but it's not my fave.
  2. Gumback Express - a banana-nut shower smoothie.  I know some people hate bananas but I like the scent!  If this smells like banana cream pie, then I'll be happy.  I haven't used it yet so I am storing it in my fridge.  I am finishing up a tub of Creamed Almond Coconut.
  3. The Strokes - a rich hair treatment for frizzy hair.  I have poofy hair and I will try anything that claims to make it look sleek and tamed.  This conditioner has really high ratings so I wanted to try it.  The only thing is that the description of the scent scares me.  It's supposed to smell like beer...which I don't really want to smell like.  So we'll see.  This is also being stored in my fridge for a later date.
You can buy all the products I mentioned on the Lush website:  www.lushusa.com

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with Lush.

No comments:

Post a Comment